Concentrating in insolvency matters including corporate reorganizations, debtor, creditor and trustee representation, and related litigation.
RECENT SIGNIFICANT ENGAGEMENTS:
Lead counsel for Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in In re Engine Electronics, Inc. Lead counsel for Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in In re Intellisec, Inc.
Lead counsel for take out lender in In re Pacific Islandia (Sheraton Anaheim Hotel).
Representation of Assignee for the benefit of Creditors in In re Verreq, Inc.
Trial counsel for Los Angeles and Orange County chapter 7 trustees in successfully objecting to discharge and pursuing breach of fiduciary claims against debtors and principals of debtors. Lead counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in In re Thermatrix, Inc. (five jointly administered Chapter 11 debtors)
Lead counsel for twelve landlords in the Econo Lube 'N Tune Chapter 11 proceeding
Lead counsel for six municipal agencies in the County of Orange Chapter 9 bankruptcy proceeding
Lead counsel, Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in In re Lansdale & Carr (4-Day Tire Stores)
Lead counsel, Official committee of Unsecured Creditors in successful $70 million Chapter 11 case involving multiple resort and golf course properties in Southern California, In re Regency Properties LP. and Golf Ventures, obtained 100% distribution to trade debt
Lead counsel, Official committee of Unsecured Creditors in $50 million Chapter 11 case involving luxury hotel in southern California, In re Westwood Marquis Hotel resulting in 100% distribution to trade debt.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- California, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1985
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1985
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1985
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California
- B.S. - 1981
- Major: Accounting
- California Bankruptcy Journal; Member, Editorial Board, 1988-1991
- Instructor, University of California Extension Continuing Education for Legal Assistants Program, CELA
- Attorney Representative (ex officio member, 2003), Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, 2000 to 2002
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bankruptcy Journal, Member, Editorial Board, 1989 to 1991
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, 1987-Present, Member, Board of Directors, 1990 to 1993
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Business Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Member, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Sections, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County Chapter, member, Board of Directors, 2001 to 2005
- Central District of California, Standing Committee on Discipline, Member, 2005 to 2006
- Peter M. Elliott Inn of Court, Associate, 1989 to 1991